Saturday 1 December 2012

The Physiotherapist.

After I had filled in the questionnaire and attended the assessment interview, the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) wrote me a letter to say that there was nothing functionally wrong with me and that I could go back to work.

They cited inter alia that, during my interview, I was able to maintain eye contact.

The letter was so very odd (and so dismissive of the mental problems that are the basis of my claim) that I asked about the qualifications of the doctor who interviewed me. Not a doctor, it turned out: a physiotherapist.

So, wondering about the basis for the decision that I'm well (the letter accused me of lying, in almost so many words), I assumed that I must have been damned by a report from my own GP. I did her wrong: the DWP had never asked for any information from her.

When I queried the DWP about this, I was told that the assessment - affecting my whole life - is made 'on the basis of the day'.

You who read this know nothing about me (nor about whether I'm swinging the lead and trying to get benefits I don't need). So I'm not asking for your unquestioning acceptance of what I'm claiming. If you follow my blog over the next few weeks, maybe we can see where we go. I promise to try for the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment