Monday 21 January 2013

DWP don't reply.


Just for the record:

I've written to DWP a couple of times since I put in my appeal.

No reply to a letter of 17th December (recorded delivered on 20th), so this week I checked by phone. "We won't be replying," they said, although the letter would be forwarded with my appeal (to be heard in minimum 6 months time).

It's not that what I asked is necessarily that important: I'm just not keen on being ignored all the time. (Extracts below.)

What worries me far more is that I sent a much more serious letter in January (which they also say they're not going to answer). This was a grave complaint, with legal implications and having a profound bearing on both my assessment and my appeal - and on me. I suppose I have give them a month to change their mind and reply... Delivered to them 7th January, so full text here after 7th February. It may be my first important contribution to the whole ATOS/DWP/assessment debate.

I hope that Google and the other search engines are beginning to show this blog in their results by then... Years ago, I got my previous blog well up in the ratings very quickly, but I've forgotten how I did it!

My letter included:

1) "I understand that when I requested (the) HCP report, I was entitled to an extension of the deadline for submitting my appeal, which is not discretionary. Can you confirm that this is the case?" (I was given no extra time, so I had just six days to prepare the appeal. I was unwell; I didn't do a good job.)

2) "I recently requested from DWP a copy of ATOS HCP’s report of my face-to face interview...along with copies of paperwork (evidence) given by my carer and myself to HCP. I was promised that I would be sent all of this. I have received HCP’s report, but not the other paperwork. This consisted of a letter from my carer, and some evidence handed over by me to HCP at her request which, not intended to be handed over, had not been copied by me. I should be most grateful if this could be expedited."

3 "I also understand that the interview itself may have been recorded. Again, I should be grateful if this could be confirmed and, if so, I could be advised how to obtain a copy. Some conversation that took place might be subject to interpretation, and I need to have this material when it comes to my appeal." (I have reason to believe that there is a recording, but I can't yet prove it.)

The rest of the letter related directly to the appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment