Monday 11 February 2013

Surreal Pt 2: Complaint to ATOS requires FoI submission?

http://dwpnegligence.wordpress.com/2013/02/08/378/

Before Christmas I half wanted to escalate a complaint to ATOS (about travel arrangements).

I was ill, and my heart wasn't really in it, so I was easily dissuaded when ATOS faffed about the procedure. It's a good thing I was dissuaded, because I wouldn't have coped too well with what follows.

A citizen wanted to escalate a complaint and asked ATOS what to next. They said (s)he'd already exhausted the process (almost certainly incorrectly - there is an independent tier, it seems).

Citizen asks for copy of procedure.

Response? That'll require a Freedom of Information request...

To which was added, after more correspondence: ...from DWP, since DWP are ATOS' Data Protection Officers.

Citizen's dry comment: "Anyone would think they were trying to put people off complaining."

Indeed!

(See next my next post).

No comments:

Post a Comment